Skip to content
Help Menopause
frisbee1 posted:
Hi, I am 51 and just within the last few months I have noticed several changes. The biggest one for me is the mood changes. I have snapped so much at people I work with I am now in trouble because of it. It is a possibility that I will loose my job on Monday. I had explained to my Administrator last week what was going on with me and I went last Wednesday and got my blood drawn. I will not find out anything until this week. I have read all the things that I can do to help but the information I really need to know is can they really terminate my employment for this. I am and administrative payroll and HR employee and it is in a business that is highly stressful on it's own. It's scarey and I am not really sure what to do or expect on Monday. I have not used bad language or anything like that or gotten into a long drawn out argument but I have snapped at a lot of people and have been rude to several as well. I just need to know where I stand at this point. Could someone please help?

georgiagail responded:
Can they terminate you for being rude to people and snapping at them?

Unfortunately, yes. Even if this is caused by menopause, it's not a disability. Hopefully it won't come to this.

Gail

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Darkened Skin above my lip
What can I do about dark skin above my upper lip. I have gone through menopause already. I have tried skin bleach to no avail. What do I ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website