Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Varicose Veins
An_257571 posted:
I'm researching treatment for my varicose veins. Considering endogenous laser treatment. Has anyone else had this procedure? Is it best done at a dermatologist's office, or in one of the specialty vein clinics? My insurance won't pay for it either way, but I want it to be safe and to compare costs.
Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear An_257571,
In general, I encourage my patients to check in with a vascular surgeon-or dermatologist- who deals with varicose veins in general-as opposed to someone who just does a particular therapy. There are many different approaches to varicose veins (laser, ultrasound, injections, surgery)-and I think it's ideal to see someone who does all of the procedures-and can advise you which approach is best for you.
Good luck,
Mary Jane
jillpickle replied to Mary Jane Minkin, MD's response:
Thanks, Mary Jane. I will check in with a dermatologist or vascular surgeon first.


Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Red Clover Blossoms
I have done research and have been using red clover blossom 2x daily(750 mg from most vitamin places). I no longer get get hot flashes. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website