Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
maddatmeno posted:
What is a calcification along the lower uterine segment?
Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear Maddatmeno,
Calcium deposits can occur just about anywhere in the body. The lower uterine segment is the bottom part of the uterus, near the cervix. There may be a small fibroid there; calcium deposits in fibroids are very common.
It is almost never anything to worry about,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website