Skip to content
perimenopause symptoms in 30s
MMML posted:
Did any of you start experiencing perimenopause symptoms in your early/mid 30s??? I swear that is what is happening with me, but my dr tells me I am too young. Plus, i have had every test under the sun and all are normal. It started right after I stopped taking BC in order to get pregnant with my first child--that was 2 years ago, I am now 33. I do remember even while taking on the BC patch that I felt anxious the week I was off of it and felt better when I would put a new patch on. After I stopped the BC, I had my first ever panic attack and was convinced I was dying or something. Went to the ER and they said everything was fine. After that date, I now am anxious, I have heart palpitations that I never had before, my periods are noticeably lighter (still very regular, but much lighter--only 1 heavy day and about 2 more light days), I spot for a couple days before my period, have had a few night sweats, and am very tired all the time. Plus, I just feel so spacey at times. I am so frustrated!! I just don't know what to think and not many of my friends have this right now. Some said that their periods are lighter and they have more PMS or have anxiety, but none call it perimenopause. Sometimes I feel alone in this...since I am so young. I have a 15 month old and I just want to feel like myself. Does this sound like perimenopause to anyone? Did anyone start this early??? Thanks so much for your time!

peach034 responded:
From what you describe, sounds like you too are in perimenopause. www.webmd.com/menopause/guide/guide-perimenopause I am 34 (soon to be 35) and have also had all tests done and Dr. says all are 'normal', including thyroid test. I would think that it's safe to say that you too are in perimenopause. The best advice I can give is eat healthy, exercise daily. I also take a womens Vita-Pak (I purchase at the GNC store for "menopause". It does help ease the discomforts of the HOT flashes/night sweats. My youngest child is 3yrs and he constantly keeps me on my toes, so I can also relate to the fatigue that you are talking about. Good luck and God Bless! You're not alone! :) Together we CAN and WILL get through this, it's just a part of life to make us woemn STRONGER!! (*(*BIG HUGS*)*)

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website