Skip to content
periods again?
cathyo705 posted:
im having a period after 2 yrs of none. very light but all the symptoms, is this normal??? any insight is appreciated

jaxgirl1952 responded:
I have not had a period in 2 years but started having cramping again (no bleeding). I got scared but everything came back normal except my estrogen level. It is too high so they put me on progesterone cream twice a day (the bio identical one) and the cramping has stopped.

She told me that women can start having periods again if the levels are too high. I had the other symtoms like migraines too and it felt like a period would start but did not.

It is good to have the bleeding checked.

gertigirl replied to jaxgirl1952's response:
I haven't had a period in a year, but every month I have all the symptoms. This is the time when I would have a period and its awful. I have cramps, nervousness, headache, all of it. I have pills for the anxiety and they at least help that. I can't believe that I wish I would get the periods back. It would justify feeling this way. I hope it gets better for you.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website