Skip to content
crying jags
An_205847 posted:
I am 50 years old next week and periods are off and on. But this dizziness and crying jags are making me feel crazy! I go between exorcist-lady to waterworks then back again...all in 24 hours! Mad at the world and want to lock myself in my house to avoid people. Anyone else feel this way and will hormones help? Also feel some dull aches in what I think are my fallopian tubes. THIS STINKS ROYALLY!

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Sounds like menopause!

It will be up to you regarding HT. Read Dr. Stuenkel posts and also the posts of ladies trying natural alternatives. It will help you decide. Please keep us updated.

quazmom replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
ThankYou! I go to my gyn this week and I am open to any and all treatments. I am a healthy,fit, non-smoking,non-drinking 50 year old. (No familier cancer threat) This cranky, moody boo-hooing HAS to stop! I am a grade school reading teacher and my students must think I'm coo-coo! I'll keep you informed.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to quazmom's response:
You are welcome quazmom, good luck.

irobins6 responded:
ALLLLLLL !!!!! I'm going through that now. I'm 45yrs. Take a hormones count that way you'll know where to begin.

I'll pray for you...

quazmom replied to irobins6's response:
Finally saw my gyn. today. Estrogen, FSH, all ok. Dr. says Progesterone is low so we are adding it. Peri-menopause is no fun AT ALL!!! She said I probably have one or 2 more years of periods looking at the hormone levels.Two more years of these erratic periods and crying jags and I'LL be completely over the top!!! Anybody try progesterone with good results?

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to quazmom's response:
That is a great question quazmom.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website