Skip to content
Worst menopause symptoms?
Lainey_WebMD_Staff posted:
We already have a popular thread but it is very old and long. So I decided to begin a new thread. Please tell us your worst symptoms. For me, it is the hot flashes.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

darlyn05 responded:
Just moving this newer one on top because the other one is too long.

kcscrapper responded:
Night Sweats and no sleep

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to kcscrapper's response:
Hi kcscrapper,

Do the night sweats wake you up? I only get about 4 or 5 hours of sleep on average.

FeminineLil responded:
Vaginal Dryness! Where did that come from...the worst for me. I can endure the sweats...get a fan...wear light clothing, drink a glass of ice water...but that vaginal dryness came straight from hell! Went to the doctor to make sure I didn't have yeast infection...doctor says ph of vaginal tissue changes. Nurse recommended using A&D ointment or vaginal lubricant. Just wondering when will this go away. 58 year old FeminineLil!

kcscrapper replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Lainey,

Yes the night sweats would wake me up 3 or 4 times a night...Even with a fan running on me...But my night sweats seem to be gone now...I have been sleeping like a baby for the last few weeks....

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to kcscrapper's response:
I go through that too. Then for some odd reason they come back. I know it is from a deficiency.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to FeminineLil's response:
I am just getting this symptom so I don't know how to solve this yet. Maybe we can post a discussion about suggestions to vaginal dryness.

ldyhwk replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Went to several ob/gyn's. Their knowledge concerning menopause was zip. After searching high & low I found a knowledgable dr.(gyn only). Started me on Estrace Vag Cream for the pain & dryness. Just started. Can't tell you if it works yet. As for ALL the other symptoms I have been on Estroven (regular strength). It is heaven sent for me. It took several weeks before it kicked in, thank God. I haven't read about anyone having problems with stammering. It was so upsetting to me. I couldn't have a normal conversation because of it. Plus I would be talking with someone and I would lose my train of thought. I hated it!! After taking Estroven I no longer have that problem. I have been on it now for nearly 10 yrs. I am 57. This is suppose to be our golden yrs, Had to be a man who thought that one up.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to ldyhwk's response:
I never knew you could get HRT/HT in a cream form. Does the cream relieve all your symptoms?

Last Tue.(June 22) was my first dose. I am starting off with 2mg per week for 4 weeks then dropping down to 1 mg per week. I can not tell yet if it is working. The doctor told me it would take at least 6-8 wks for me to notice a difference. I have my fingers crossed. Actually I only have one or two problems right now. The pain and dryness and of course the
wanting any relations is out of the question right now. Hopefully Estrace will help me in these matters. I had a doctor put me on Premarin for 2 yrs. and I loved it, BUT he turned around and stopped me cold turkey. Every symptom that you could name I got including gaining alot of weight.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to ldyhwk's response:
The weight gain is a symptom I have without taking HRT/HT. I hope the cream form will help you and please keep us updated.

I will keep you informed. There is one thing I noticed so far and it is when I sneeze my bladder does not leak like it use to. So that is 1 plus so far. If only it would work for the dryness/pain/and interest in sex. I guess I'm expecting to much, but who knows it might work. Again I'll let you know if I notice any other changes.

Beemerbabe responded:
The worst menopause symptom for me is the crying. Hot flashes I can deal with but this emotional crap is wearing very thin not to mention embarrassing.
No periods anymore - had a hysterectomy. Still have ovaries.
Would appreciate any suggestions...

Beemerbabe responded:
The worst menopause symptom for me is the crying. Hot flashes I can deal with but this emotional crap is wearing very thin not to mention embarrassing.
No periods anymore - had a hysterectomy.
Would appreciate any suggestions...

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website