Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Menopausal Age
MzAnnieMae7 posted:
I am 45 and have had hot flashes for 18 years (since my 1st child). I have had a regular period until recently. Now it comes when it gets ready and sometimes twice a month. I cramp more now than I did in my younger years. And this past week, I have been urinating more that usual with an urgency to go but not that much urine. I had a UTI about 3 months ago (my 1st one ever). Should I go to get checked out and will they be able to tell me if I am in the starting stage of menopause?

Lifeisdifferent4everyone responded:
I am 40 & done so I know what you are going through. Please Read my longer post for more detail of my process. I must have been mid to late 30's when I first started. Also do you have a lot of constant stress in your life & for long hav for long stretches of time & how old was your mother if you know when she went through it? But if you get a chance read my other post for my menopause story over & done now at 40. All the symptoms are horrible for me. Have it all, headaches/migraines all the time, hot flashes, night sweats, not sleeping much, vaginal dryness, no sex drive anymore, changes in appetetite, some weight gain, the list goes on....

workable replied to Lifeisdifferent4everyone's response:
I just had a hestorectomy so now i'm dealing with instant menopause and I have all the horrible symptoms, will the hot flashes ever end?

MzAnnieMae7 replied to Lifeisdifferent4everyone's response:
Thank you for your advice... You had said you started reading up on your symptoms, where did you get your information? As I said earlier, I have been urinating more than usual with the feeling my bladder is full but only have a small amount of urine. At first I thougt it was because I was drinking a lot of tea, so I stopped. I also have been told to have my sugar checked... Even though I have to urinate, I have no aches or pains or discharge associated with a UTI. Can my family doctor do the testing or do I have to go to an OB/GYN?

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website