Skip to content
Pre-menopause pelvic & lower back pain, etc.
canthang4nutn posted:
Hi everyone. I've been going through peri-menopause for over 2 years and thought I had a handle on my hormones (used progestacare cream along with herbs etc and started to feel better with many of the pre-manopause symptoms I was experiencing). In the last few months I've been having irregular periods, lengthier periods, what appear to be fibroids occasionally (although not heavy), lower pelvic and lower back pain, cramps and pressure (and at times, urge to urinate even when I don't really have to). I've had bloodwork, etc., which came out okay and am currently waiting for an ultrasound next Monday (living on motrin at the moment to get through all of this nightmare). I will also be seeing a naturopath for hormonal issues. Any ideas as to what this could be? Was thinking the fibroids themselves but not sure they cause constant pain. My mother had a prolapsed uterus when she was about my age. Anywho, thanks for listening!

pattis1016 responded:
I went through the same thing and it went away by itself when the periods stopped. I wasn't diagnosed with fibroids. I never went to a doctor. i just rode it out.

canthang4nutn replied to pattis1016's response:
Thanks for your reply. I would love to do this! The pain last night was so awful I couldn't sleep until the motrin kicked in at 3am!! So sick of this, hoping it does go away asap. I'm glad to hear yours is gone.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website