Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
estrogen dominance in perimenopause
AmyDuncanLaw posted:
I am on my way to menopause and struggling with sleep difficulties and a dream like fuzzy feeling on some days. I recently got my hormone levels checked and I have a surge in estrogen (587). I would like to start some hormone replacement therapy and I'm wondering what are the best options when there is estrogen dominance?

tenniskat responded:
Too bad no one answered this. You are probably not around anymore, or have found a solution. Estrogen dominance does not seem to come up here for some reason. There are two very good books. One is by Dr. John Lee - What your doctor might not tell you about menopause, and the other is by Ann Louise Gittleman - Before the Change. They talk about low progesterone to estrogen ratio causing the symptoms you are having. Gittleman has a "Peri Zapper" regimen many have found helpful. I am about to give it a try as I am getting nowhere with conventional medicine.

MelissaP2010 replied to tenniskat's response:
Yes I'm still here very interested in what you can tell me

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Estring worked for me
I've had this problem periodically since menopause - I am now 67. Cure for me was Estring, which actually causes a pleasant sort of sweet ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website