Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can I be going through perimenopause at 27?
An_205932 posted:
I am 27 and I know it's uncommon to go through premenopause at this age, but I am almost 100% certain that's what it is. I've been going through this for over a year, but the last 3 months have gotten significantly worse. My hot flashes and mood swings are horrible. Out of the 35 symptoms I found, I have 21 of them. My OBGYN checked my hormones last week, and everything shows up normal, but I know that's not the case based on the research I have done and others I have talked to that have went through the same thing. Is it possible to still be going through it even though my blood tests show up ok? What should the next step be, because my OBGYN doesn't seem to know where to go either.

Desperate for answers and help. If you have any helpful info, more websites to research, etc. I would love it please.

Thank you for your help.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_132156,

I am sorry that you are going through this. Has your GYN checked for other medical issues?

dollyg01 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yes, she checked for celiac disease, auto immune deficiency, thyroid. She's done a punch biopsy. And she has said she doesn't know what's going on.

I went to a natural doctor who did a body scan and said my hormones were bad and so was my thyroid.

Going back to my OBGYN in three weeks to see what the next step is, but she doesn't seem to have a clue what to do. I've gotten second opinions from other doctors who have said it's just in my head, and I know that is false as well. I know something is wrong with me.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website