Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
noeye posted:
had a hysterectomy a year ago now i have vaginal stopping once in awhile
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful
Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear Noeye,
If you had you cervix removed as part of the hysterectomy, some women do get a bit of scar tissue at the top of the vagina where the cervix was removed (called granulation tissue)-your doctor can easily treat this in the office. If your cervix is still in place, it is possible that you have a bit of tissue from the lining of the uterus in place, that could bleed occasionally. Very unlikely to be anything worrisome, but I'd let your gyn know, and (s)he can easily take care of it.
Good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 30 found this helpful