Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Stuffed food into mouth and chewed...gums are sore for past 3 days
    guestvisitor1 posted:
    howdy folks. i ate pasta with peppers (uncooked, which were hard) and stuffed bite after bite into my mouth. i was in a rush to eat. anyhow, the next day, my left side of the jaw is swollen (on the inside, you can't tell on the outside of the face) and it is very painful. my teeth on that side also hurt. i have been taking tylenol to dull the pain. tomorrow enters day 4 and the swelling is not going away. do you have any advice on what i can do to reduce the swelling and make it go away?
    An_251837 responded:
    Tylenol does not reduce swelling. Ibuprofen or aspirin would probably help better.

    You can try a topical gel used for tooth pain. There are several brands available at any pharmacy.

    If it persists, then it is time to see your doctor.
    guestvisitor1 replied to An_251837's response:
    see. thank you

    Helpful Tips

    Could it be a plantar's wart?
    I'm a 62 year old male with a very sore, bruised feeling on the bottom of my left foot, in the heel actually, this just came up about 36 ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.