Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Prostatitis or something else? Please help!
    gooey posted:
    Two months ago I was diagnosed with an inflamed prostate, and I was on antibiotics for two months. My symptoms were awful and they all went away. Now three weeks after stopping anti optics, I have different issues going on for three weeks or so.

    It started with a constant stomach and bladder ache, and my rectum itched. Then my tip of my penis became very sensitive. Now, my testes have a tiny pinch in them when I am about to ejaculate. One time, it burned when I ejaculated and urinated , but otherwise my flow is not blocked like last time, etc.

    Also, the area between my rectum and testes spasms and twitches. The muscle I use to cut off urine feels quite weak as well.

    I should also mention I have scoliosis and kyphosis of the spine, so my doctors always think it might be that. I'm only 30 years old, so all,of this is giving me a ton of anxiety.

    I'm at a complete loss, and my urologist appointment isn't for almost a MONTH. Please help!
    sluggo45692 responded:
    My first bout of prostatitis was after my 2nd bout with kidney stones. I took antibotics for 1 month. I still had an enlarged prostate, but no pain.
    My urologist advised me to do a couple of things to help reduce the prostate and get back to normal.
    1. Ejaculate every day at least once. This could be self pleasure or with a partner. It helps build up the muscle and reduce inflammation.
    2. Drink fluids. Keep the color of your urine clear as water, It washs out the bacteria and helps build up the muscles that control urine retention.
    3. Kegel Exercises. Do these to build things up down there. Look on line or as your dr.
    4. The area you describe between your rectum and scrotum, (some people call it the "tain't" "tain't your balls, tain't your butt hole, LOL) is below your prostate and when you have a B.M or prostate spasms you'll feel that twitching. (my guess) This twitchy feel should go away as the prostate heals.
    When I was healing from the prostatitis, my rectum itched and I had some discomfort with my bladder also. I also had a constant urge for a B.M. The doctor told me because the prostate is near the nerve that tells you that you have to poop and the prostate is pressing on it.
    All the symptoms went away over time. The prostate take a while to heal. Be patient. That's why it take a month or 2 on antibotics.

    Hope this helps and Good Luck
    gooey replied to sluggo45692's response:
    Thanks for the reply. Was the tip of your penis uncomfortable? That's the worst symptom right now for me, and I do still have pain. My urine flow just isn't cut off anymore.
    sluggo45692 replied to gooey's response:
    I did have discomfort at the end of my penis, but I thought it was where the stone may have injuried the urethra. Of course, it could have been a healing ulceration from the infection. It did go away and I have had no problems since. Good Luck

    Helpful Tips

    Discharge from Penis(Penile Discharge)
    Penile discharge is the abnormal loss of fluid that is not urine or semen from the urethra (urine tube) at the tip of the penis. It is ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.