Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Severe itching when temperature rises all over body
dantheman123 posted:
I will cut a long story short and give the facts of what i know and what i have done

- I get severe itching (itching/pin pricks/pins and needles)

- This only happens my my body temperature rises and when i cool myself down with water or go out into cold air it disappears

- I also get a red patches all over the areas which are itching but have recently turned into spots since i have been on a higher dose of antihistamines

- This may sound weird but since this has come on i have had also had alot of dandruff and tried using head an shoulder and that hasnt works so maybe thought of it as being a symptom?

- washing up liquid has been change for a few days and no difference, along with shower gel.

- I am a plasterer but have been doing it for over a year now so ruled that out as maybe something should of happened sooner if it was work related

1st, 2nd week i was taking it as it came because wasn't so bad and thought it would pass

3rd week - Doctor prescribed antihistamines and nothing happened

4th week - Doctor prescribed steroids and nothing happened

6th week - Doctor prescribed higher dose of AH but itching is the same and the patches are just now loads of small spots exactly like a dot to dot.

I've tried going out for a run to get my body to sweat...went out in the rain unfortunately so not sure if i did or weather i was just wet. I did run for a while and quite hard. so hard it felt like i had been stabbed because of all this itching (The higher my body temperature gets the more intense the itching gets)

The doctor has referred me to a dermatologist but because of how often my body temperature fluctuate i have had to take time off work and its stopping me from doing my hobbies like golf and football so any suggestions would be great full even if its temporary?

ricky100 responded:
It is looking a serious matter so i would suggest you to discuss this with your doctor. He will give you a good advise on diet and some useful ideas to get rid of this low body temperature problem.

atti_editor responded:
Hi dantheman123,

I agree with the previous poster that seeing your dermatologist is probably your best course of action. In the mean time, you might want to take a look at this to see if your symptoms match up.

I also encourage you to visit out Allergies Health Center where you can find more information on itching, skin irritants, and possibly treatments.

I hope you find relief soon and are able to continue your hobbies!

-Atti

Helpful Tips

after 50
GIVE your other half $100 AND ASK FOR A PAIR Of SOX go and sit on the Lani and with a beer in hand or scotch in hand enjoy the hour (or ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.