Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sharp pain, left side of the chest.
webdev posted:
I've felt like crap all week.. It's started with a headache, that I've had since Monday night. I also had a case of the chills. My mom took my temperature, and it said 102 so we went to the clinic last night and they told me I have a throat infection, and they prescribed 500mg amoxicillin. When I got home I got this really sharp chest pain while sitting down. I felt it when I tried to breathe or get up. We thought it could be gas, so I took some baking soda. That didn't help. The pain gets worse when I lay on my stomach or back. Throughout the day it wasn't bad, until I recently took a nap. Again, the pain truly came back when I turned on my back or stomach, and when I tried to get up. It also was hurting when I took moderately deep breathes. I went to my personal doctor earlier, and she couldn't pick up on anything, everything seemed fine. When I was there, I hardly felt the pain. But like I said, it gained its usual pain again when I layed down not too long ago. The spin also occurs when I bend over. My physician told me if it occurs over the next few days I can go get a chest x-ray, something else (I forget), and a blood test. She's already written the referrals. Is this pain something that I really need to worry about?

webdev responded:
The 3rd was an EKG

An_251837 responded:
Get the tests done asap. My son had a similar experience several years ago and the chest x-ray showed pneumonia.

ricky100 replied to An_251837's response:
I would say that it can be a serious problem so you should make a test of body. Do some exercises after discussion with your doctor. I am sure that your problem will be solved.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.