Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Low T level, is it time to change endocrinologist?
An_255624 posted:
I am 33 years old and was diagnosed with low testosterone in November by the PCP. My testosterone level was in the 190's on a range of 250 - 1100. He referred me to a endocrinologist.

After testing the endo started me on Andogel 1.62% 40.5 mg per day. I recently had my two month follow-up. I eventually heard back from them my numbers were good and they had phoned in a renewal to the pharmacy. Since starting treatment I've only felt slightly better.

A week has passed and a saw my actual numbers from the lab and my T level was 293 on the same 250 - 1100 scale.

It seems od to me that during treatment you would consider the bottom 5% of the normal range as "good". I followed up with the endo's office today and they are telling me the numbers doesn't matter as long as it's anywhere in the normal range. This doesn't seem to jive with what I see online.

I'm thinking it's time to change doctors. Any opinions?

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.