Skip to content
Left testicle is growing!!!
An_255641 posted:
Hi, I'm 30 years old. A few months back I noticed my left testicle growning in size. Since I didn't feel no pain I didn't think anythnig of it. I still have no pain but it continues to grow. About maybe 10 years ago I had a smilar issue. I went to the doctor and he told me I had one of the tubes was clogged with dead spearm or something like that. He gave me some medicine and it went away. The difference between then and now is that back then I did feel a lot of pain. Any ideas of what it could be?

nohard responded:
Hi This is from the NHS in the UK.
The testicles are part of the male reproductive system. They produce sperm and testosterone (male sex hormone). The testicles sit inside a loose sac of skin known as the scrotum, which hangs down behind the penis.

Testicular lumps and swellings can have many different causes. In rare cases, they can be a sign of testicular cancer . However, most lumps are benign (non-cancerous). Cancer Research UK estimates that less than four in every 100 testicular lumps are testicular cancer.

Types of testicular lumps and swellings

The four main types of testicular lumps and swellings are:

• varicocele, a swelling caused by dilated (enlarged) veins within the scrotum
  • hydrocele, a swelling caused by fluid around the testicle
  • epididymal cyst, a lump caused by a collection of fluid in the epididymis (a coiled tube behind the testicles) — if it contains sperm, it is known as a spermatocele
  • testicular torsion, a sudden painful type of swelling that occurs when a testicle becomes twisted, interrupting the blood supply to the testicles — it is a medical emergency
  • I think its time you went back to your doctor, one never knows, and its a bit hard over the web but I thinks it needs looking at.
  • Good Luck

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.