Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Androgel withdrawal
britboy63 posted:
I have been taking Androgel for several years after my doctor diagnosed me with hypogonadism (low testosterone).I have always wondered about the wisdom of taking it. Since my wife is not interested in sex there is no imperative to take for that reason. Is it wise from a health perspective to quit. What is the best way to quitT

nohard responded:
Hi Britboy, Not from England are you?
Ok here's a link from WebMD it covers most things apart fron coming off it.
But If I remember right the boss on www.franktalk.org has said that by going on testosterone replacement can shut down your own testosterone side of your body.
But coming off Androlgel, your testosterone levels will decrease, and that will make you feel tired, and possibly have hot flashes. This usually improves after few weeks, especially if your body was able to produce it's own testosterone.
But you would need to see how it goes, I would slowly decrease it weekly, and see how you feel, but you can always start doing some exercise and do some lite weight lifting, by doing this it should raise your own natural testosterone.
Hope this helps you.
Good Luck

Helpful Tips

after 50
GIVE your other half $100 AND ASK FOR A PAIR Of SOX go and sit on the Lani and with a beer in hand or scotch in hand enjoy the hour (or ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.