Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
On again off again lump on testicle
rok_bok posted:
I am a 23 year old guy and I can sometimes feel a hard-ish lump on my right testicle. The lump is about pea sized (maybe smaller) and feels sort of hard - not squishy - and it doesn't hurt, though my testicle aches for a time after touching it.

The thing is, it appears and disappears at random and I have no idea what's going on. I am certain the lump is on the testicle itself and not floating freely around in the scrotum, but I can't figure out its pattern - why it vanishes and why it appears.

I thought that perhaps it only appeared during vasocongestion, when my testicles become engorged just after arousal, but that isn't the case all the time. I can sometimes feel the lump during vasocongestion and sometimes I can't; I can sometimes feel the lump when my testicles are normal and sometimes I can't.

When the lump is there, it's not hard to find at all, but when I can't feel it in its usual spot, I check around the entire testicle and it's nowhere to be found - It hasn't moved, it's just disappeared.

I went to the doctor two months ago (this was before I realized that the lump was only apparent some of the time) and was extremely embarrassed when he couldn't feel anything abnormal. (plus, the exam room was very cold...)

I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me what this might be.

nohard responded:
Hi I think its an epididymal cyst and found this bit it might help, its on how it can come and go.
Most asymptomatic epididymal cysts do not need to be treated. They often stay very small or spontaneously go away over the course of a few weeks or months. If a spermatocele causes pain and swelling, a doctor can explain surgical treatment options. The most common procedure to remove a symptomatic cyst is called a spremmatocelecyomy.
This was from wisegek.
Do hope this helps you.
Good Luck

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.