Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blood in seman/urine after cyst. Any relation?
steve12511 posted:
I was recently (one and a half weeks ago) treated for a sebaceous cyst in the pubic region. I was given a steroids injection into the cyst and put on Monodox. Out of nowhere tonight, after masturbating I noticed there was blood everywhere in the seman. The tissue I used was covered in blood and it was quite scary. After urinating a few minutes later it looked like I was just peeing blood. It even looked like I pissed out a blood clot or two. I am wonder (and hoping) that this is all related to my cyst that has almost cleared up. If not, I am worried and wondering what I should do and what could cause this.

Also, I do not know if it matters but I have forgotten to take the Monodox for the past two days. I was told to take it for another week and a half or until I run out.

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight.

Oh and I am a 25 year old male who has never had a cyst before or any blood coming out of anywhere but cuts and scrapes.

nohard responded:
Hi I would give it 24 hours and see what its doing then, if your still getting blood in your urine go see your doctor, it could just be a reaction to the steroid, was this on you scrotum?

Good Luck

steve12511 replied to nohard's response:
No it was in my pubic region a few inches above everything. The thing was that the shot was a week and a half ago which is why I was concerned. I have not had any blood in the urine since last night though and probably will refrain from any sexual activities for a few days just to play it safe.

nohard replied to steve12511's response:
Hi, I would think of masturbating every other day, reason just to see if your still getting any blood in you seamen, it could be that a small blood vessel somehow got nicked or broke, and now healed, it happens, could be from say over masturbating, us men will do this at times.

Good Luck

Helpful Tips

Yoga and Aging
I'm a female who has found that yoga really helps prevents the aches and pains as I age. My body feels very young and I am 51! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.