Skip to content
prostate bleeding excessively
hodgesnflorida posted:
had proton therapy radiation 6 years ago. After a vigorous workout had a 12 hour bleeding episode with clots in urine the entire time. Ended up in the ER room and catheter. Urologist felt I burst a blood vessel. Next month was rough. Passed blood clots for 6-10 hours every 4 or 5 days. Learned that if I drank water continuously during those episodes the clots passed and I could avoid ER room visits. Doc put me on pentoxifylline and Vitamin E 3 times daily. I have stopped "all' physical activity (no gym, running, golf, sex, exercise, etc) and for about 1 week now, no clots. Still see 'very very light" blood at beginning of urination - drugs seem to be working. The sysoscopy showed bladder fine - upstream all fine - bleeding in bladder channel. The question is, does this drug combo stop bleeding and heal my bleeding and if so - does anyone have a feel for how long. the doc said the drugs did not work, a hyperbaric oxygen is next.

Helpful Tips

Dizziness while urinating
I experience dizziness when ever i am lying down or when i have to go to the bathroom?can you tell me what the problem is? More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.