Skip to content
prostate bleeding excessively
hodgesnflorida posted:
had proton therapy radiation 6 years ago. After a vigorous workout had a 12 hour bleeding episode with clots in urine the entire time. Ended up in the ER room and catheter. Urologist felt I burst a blood vessel. Next month was rough. Passed blood clots for 6-10 hours every 4 or 5 days. Learned that if I drank water continuously during those episodes the clots passed and I could avoid ER room visits. Doc put me on pentoxifylline and Vitamin E 3 times daily. I have stopped "all' physical activity (no gym, running, golf, sex, exercise, etc) and for about 1 week now, no clots. Still see 'very very light" blood at beginning of urination - drugs seem to be working. The sysoscopy showed bladder fine - upstream all fine - bleeding in bladder channel. The question is, does this drug combo stop bleeding and heal my bleeding and if so - does anyone have a feel for how long. the doc said the drugs did not work, a hyperbaric oxygen is next.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.