Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Questions on muscle mass
eagleboy7678 posted:
I am a 22 year old male. I have started taking steps to loosing weight and getting into shape. I started a program called strong lifts 5x5. If anyone has heard of this program. Basically I do 5 sets of 5 reps of Squats, Overhead Press, Bench, Dead Lifts, Dun bells Row. Right now I am at about 70 pounds, your suppose to increase the weight by 5 pounds every session, but since the weight set I have only goes to 100 pounds I am not putting on all the weight at once, but working up to it. Anyways, I have been doing this routine for about 5 days a week for about 3 weeks now. My weight has not gone down and stay around the 220 area. I was wondering can I be loosing fat and gaining muscle with out the scale even saying that I have lost any weight? I have noticed i have gotten stronger by some means and my parents say I look skinnier then i did. But I don't feel it or see it. My diet is a 2,000 a day calorie and I try not to go over it. even though I sometimes do have a unhealthy snack, I try my best to eat the right foods. But also it feels like once I eat I gain like 5 pounds or something. So again my question is: Can I be loosing fat and gaining muscle without seeing it on the scale or if i seem or feel fit for myself?

nohard responded:
Hi Eagleboy, first try getting down to 1500 a day and two days on 500, fruit will do that for you but no bananas.

If you really want to lose fat try doing an extreme courses like the caveman, these will also get you very fit, Google extreme fitness courses, see what you can find.

Good Luck

Helpful Tips

Could it be a plantar's wart?
I'm a 62 year old male with a very sore, bruised feeling on the bottom of my left foot, in the heel actually, this just came up about 36 ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.