Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
unknown lump
casey5114 posted:
I have a solid lump underneath the skin, on the shaft of my penis. It is simply a lump. There is no discomfort, discoloration or itching. There has not been any unsafe sexual activity, so those issues do not need to be considered. After searching several medical websites, I finally found a picture that resembled it. The picture was of an infected hair follicle. Reading about the causes hit home, one of the first causes listed was shaving of the genitals which I have been doing. I have discontinued shaving and have begun wiping with Bactine after bathing, coating with an antibacterial ointment, and covering with a bandage. I have only been doing this for 3 days now, but am curious how long it should take to show improvement, and or if it is an issue that should require a doctor visit

atti_editor responded:
Hi casey5114,

If you are still not seeing any improvement with your home treatment methods, it might be a good idea to consult a doctor. Here is some more information on ingrown hairs and what your doctor may be able to do to help. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.