Skip to content
Dull Pain below Right Rib Cage
yadeed posted:
I went out drinking on Friday and also had lots to eat Burger, fries,pizza,chicken wings, nachos. all spicy foods. I woke up the next morning with a pain below sternum and under my right rib cage. It was dull at first then slowly became so bad I was crippled over with pain and could not move or walk for close to 2 hours. I took some pepto and tums and was told it was probably heart burn. It slowly went away and I felt good the rest of the day. Now since that night I have had off and on dull and a small ache below my right rib cage and down into my stomach. It does not hurt like before but just bothers me. Any guesses on what this could be? Liver? Gall Bladder?
Am I just a worry wart?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Yadeed,

No you're not a worry wart but this does bear some exploration with your medical provider. What you describe could have to do with the gall bladder or something else. Either way, be careful about eating so much fatty foods in one day/night; that's not easy on any system.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.