Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Pain in appendix area after masturbation
An_205541 posted:
This is an embarrassing question, but I don't know what else to do.

So yesterday I was self-pleasuring myself in the manner typical for most men.

At the immediate point of orgasm, I had this incredible shooting pain in the area where my appendix is. It was on the left side of my body just below my stomach.

It was an overwhelming pain that lasted severely for about 4-5 minutes. It's now the next day and there is still a mild pain in that area, which gets worse when I put pressure on it, for example when I go from laying down to sitting up or if I press the area with my fingers.

I'm worried that there could be something wrong with my appendix, but I find it strange that it all started as a result of masturbating.

I'm wondering if I should consult a doctor or not. Obviously if there is something wrong with my appendix I don't want to delay treatment, so any advice on this subject is much appreciated.

StillApallo responded:
Well honestly if I were you I wouldnt take any chances because something like that isnt supposed to happen after self pleasure. Your appendix is not one of the more important organs in your body but it can become very serious if god forbid it were to ever burst. A bursting appendix can lead to death if you don't get to the doctor in time. If medication doesnt help, I know quite a few people that did have the surgery and its not really a big deal. Especially now being 2011 they make such a small cut you can barely notice it. Basically what Im trying to say is you really should check that out man, it can get more serious then what it is if it were to get any worse....Good Luck!!

I do know of one tip to tell you if it is your appendix or not,

If you press the area and let go quickly the area will hurt more on release of pressure. I mean it will still hurt if pressed but the rapid release of pressure after holding it will cause it to hurt a great deal more.
Basically hold the area in for a few seconds then pull your hand away if it hurts more there is a chance it is your appendix and not just a pulled muscle...

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
First the appendix is on the right side in the lower abdomen. Your description sounds most like a hernia, which needs to get checked by a general surgeon, and soon if it still hurts. Pain and hernias are not a good thing, as intestine can get stuck and become a serious, life threatening problem. So yes, you need to be seen. If it is bad pain, with nausea or vomiting or fevers, you need to go the Emergency Room.

ethanwilliams replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
Ih i got pain on the right side We're it Is. It's Been like that since I was 18 im now 20 i don't know what's causing the pain can masterbating cause pain over there

atti_editor replied to ethanwilliams's response:
Is this pain you are experiencing an ongoing thing? It would be best if you speak with your doctor about what may be causing this pain. Please let us know how you are doing!

ethanwilliams replied to ethanwilliams's response:
I all ready seen a doctor She sed I pulled a muscle but 2 years of pain i don't think so. please help

ethanwilliams replied to atti_editor's response:
Yes it comes & go's

ethanwilliams replied to atti_editor's response:
What do you think it is & want caused it

does anyone know what could be causing it

?

Helpful Tips

sex talk
my bf and i can't have sex together. he can get an erection but he can't ejaculate. for long time i thought it was me but with on going ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.