Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Used Talc Powder on my Penis and Balls to prevent itch?
dlively452 posted:
I had always scratched my balls area (not the penis) and to the end of the ball "line" where there is a hair to the butthole for all my life, I don't scratch it everyday in my life; but happens sometimes and it happening again nowadays, my ball skin gets too itchy and sometimes I scratch it when I sleep or at specific time after 6:00 pm to relieve the itch and the next morning, it stings so much for next couple days. I have asked my mother, and she said it is a hereditary matter (skin conditions) because my dad scratch his ball skin as well sometimes and also my older brother but they don't scratch it nowadays. I was wondering if there is any solution or should I consult a doctor about this problem? (I know its not jock itch or any of those; my skin looks fine except when I scratch it hard, the skin turns hard and rough and sometimes whitish, but it doesnt happen to turn whiteish these days)

Also, to relieve itch, I have put some Johnson's baby talco powder (it says "con manzanilla naturale" after that, hope it means cornstarch), hopefully there is no medical risk from this as I heard using talc powder can cause cancer or tumor (of course I don't apply everyday but only when my balls gets itchy which is often these days) I have apply to my penis as well (including tip; thinking it will make my private part smooth), and after rereading the risk of talc powder, I pray that I did not damage or cause any cancer or tumors or any future complications on my penis or my sperms...

Thank you, I hope I do not have any complications from using talc powder on penis (after today; I will buy the cornstarch one) and my ball itching will stop soon

Duckblind responded:
Try using a hypoallergenic lotion such as Vasealine Intensive Rescue on the penis and sack after showering.

dlively452 replied to Duckblind's response:
thanks for the reply, but I had tried everything from all those lotions, it only provided temporary relief, but I will try the Vaseline Intensive Rescue lotion brand and see if it will disappear in long term

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Some men scratch down there as a habit or it could be a stress or anxiety or sweat thing or maybe you have a medical reason. Excessive scratching should be addressed as this can get serious and cause problems- you should see a dermatologist. There may be some treatments that may help that require a prescription. Good luck.

Helpful Tips

Yoga and Aging
I'm a female who has found that yoga really helps prevents the aches and pains as I age. My body feels very young and I am 51! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.