Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Underarm Rash
carolinaman09 posted:
Hi WebMD Community!

I've developed some rashes (dark brown blotches) within my armpits. They are incredibly itchy and they been spreading. I'm currently using some topographic fungicide to treat the condition, but with little success. I've been using the ointment for 5 days now and the affected areas still itch like hell; not to mention, the rashes are spreading to my areas of my shoulder, chest, and back. So, what do you think this could be? I think it's Intertrigo, but I have no idea. And here's a pic to help you with your speculation.

- Marcus

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Marcus,

It would be a good idea to pursue answers with your medical provider. Rashes can sometimes indicate an underlying health condition and/or some prescription medication could help.

In the meantime, try posting (no need to post the picture) on our Skin Problems & Treatments community . :-)

Helpful Tips

Could it be a plantar's wart?
I'm a 62 year old male with a very sore, bruised feeling on the bottom of my left foot, in the heel actually, this just came up about 36 ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.