Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Chronic testicular pain
    An_205569 posted:
    Hopefully someone might have an idea as to what is wrong with me. I currently have chronic and severe testicular pain in my left testicle. I have seen 5 doctors, 3 urologist, 1 neurologist, and a pain management specialist. I ahve had 2 ultrasounds on my testicle that showed calcium deposits and a cyst on my epididymis but nothing more. they have ruled out cancer. I had a cat scan and they ruled out gallstones. i had a MRI and they found a compressed disc in my lower back but do not believe it could have anything to do with my testicle pain. I have taken about 1000 pils in the last 11 months. Every antibiotic you could think of, every nerve medicine you could think of, and every antidepressant you could think of. The only thing that helps is pain meds to relieve the pain. But it only relieves it if i do nothing but lay around most of the day. I cant walk more than 50ft without a cramping sensation in or very near my testicle that almost drops me to the ground. I cant sit more than 20min at a time without being in bad pain. Pain pills do not even help even at there peak if i am active in any way. They only work if i am inactive. All the doctors i have seen in the last 11 months have given up trying to find a reason and a cure. My current doctor doesnt want to give up but he is completely out of ideas. My condition seems to get worse each month. not by a whole lot but worse. If this keeps up i wil not be able to walk in a year from now. the other day i went shopping for some groceries and after 10minutes in the store i was hurting realy bad and i was at the complete peak of the pain pill. 20minutes in a couldnt even walk anymore. I had to leave without getting everything i needed and had to put all my weight on the shopping cart because i couldnt even walk. Without pain meds the pain puts me in the fetal position it hurts so bad. I went to the hospital once near the beginning of this cause the pain was so bad and my blood pressure was 156 over 123. Also they have ruled out contortion. Doctors have not been able to even find a cause and obviously have not found a cure either. This has impacted every part of my life. Lost my job "they were jerks anyways and were not willing to try to work with me after 4years i spent with them" cant date, living on dissability. barely enough money to pay bills. Lost my place to live cause cant afford it on 60% of my monthly salary. Sleeping on my moms couch at the moment til i can find a really cheap place to live.

    I am hoping that there is a doctor on here that may have an idea what is wrong with me so i can pass it on to my doctor. IF not maybe the doc on here can ask his colleagues. Or maybe i will get lucky and there is another guy on here that reads this and has gone through the same thing and had some brilliant or lucky doctors figure it out since i dont think this is only between poster and doctor.

    iDave responded:
    Oh i forgot a few things. I had 2 cord block procedures done. one in the spermatic cord and the other in the cord at the outside of your hip. Neither one helped. And i had 3 out of 5 injections in my spine which helped my back but did nothing for my testicle. (i tried to edit the post but for some reason the edit button doesnt work? )
    Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
    This is obviously far more complex than can be addressed in this forum. I do have some ideas, though. I assume you do not have a varicocele, which is a collection of extra and dilated veins on the left side above the testicle- these can and do cause in some men severe ache and pain, that could fit your description. You may have these down in the scrotum or even in deep abdomen. I assume you have not had a vasectomy. That obstruction can rarely cause severe pain. I often perform vasectomy reversals to treat the pain of vasectomy obstruction. You may want to look for a doctor who performs a robotic removal of the tiny bundle of microscopic nerves in the groin to block the feeling of testicular pain. Good luck.

    Helpful Tips

    Discharge from Penis(Penile Discharge)
    Penile discharge is the abnormal loss of fluid that is not urine or semen from the urethra (urine tube) at the tip of the penis. It is ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.