Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Glans of penis insensitive
Byron1122 posted:
I'm a Male.I'm 18 years old. I been masterbating since i was about 14.
I have always been a heavy masterbater. I would do it once a day. I always been trying to stop and the longest that i have ever stopped was 2 weeks. After those 2 weeks of doing so i experienced some pain in the pupic bone area, I went to the doctor and they diagnosed me with prostatitis. i also caused sexual exhaustion. I have completely stopped masterbating. When this all started i masterbated one night and i think i didn't use enough lube and i was rough. now i have redness around the rim of my glans, which i still have and its been like 4 week. Also my glans has become a bit insensitive. I think i have noticed some improvements in my sensitivity. i dont really know if i am really having improvements.
i still get mild pain at the tip of my penis.(I am circumcised)

Did rough masterbation caused nerve damage in my glans?

Is prostatitis causing the insensitivity of my glans?
(I still have some sensitivity of the shaft.)

I been trying to stop masterbating for a long time. seemed like everyday i would break the promise. Now i think i may have permanently damaged myself.

Please help.
Thanks.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Byron,

I'm sorry for your concern and hope that this pain does not continue. According to the second page of the WebMD Prostatitis Overview , the symptoms you may possibly experience with prostatitis are:
  • "Frequent urge to urinate
  • Difficulty urinating
  • Pain or burning during urination
  • Chills and fever
as well as pelvic pain during ejaculation and/or sexual intercourse." Frequent masturbation can have affects towards your sensitivity as well as other health-related issues as found in Masturbation: 5 Things You Didn't Know . I suggest that you read both articles and speak with your doctor if you continue with this pain.

Please take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Best Wishes!
Amelia

Byron1122 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Amelia.
The first time when this started i had weak urine stream and pain.

My only concern is the sensitivity loss of my glans. is it some kind of way i had injured the nerves in my penis?

I just want to know if i destroyed some nerves from the rough masterbation i did that night.

I have a Urologist Appointment coming up. just want to know what to know whats going on.

Thanks.

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Unlikely you really damaged anything other than your thinking you have no control. It is normal to want to masturbate. You are DNA hard-wired to have the drive to ejaculate. Procreation is what survival of the species is all about. It is totally and completely normal. The only time you have a problem is when it interferes with work, school or relationships. Yes, you can cause some friction injury that will get better with time. Put a little Bacitracin and do your best to minimize the aggressive activity down there.

Byron1122 replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
thanks Sheldon. I don't mean to ask so many questions. but i did a two week period without masterbating. and i noticed i had shiney skin on my penis and it was itchy.
I then washed the area where the itching was. The next day there was no itching. but as days passed i noticed that the dry/shining looking area started to spread. but it didn't bother me anyway so i didn't really go to a doctor about it. Then the skin of my shaft started to turn dark which felt different.

Basically my penis does look dry and shiney. thus this did effect my sensitivity.

Helpful Tips

Could it be a plantar's wart?
I'm a 62 year old male with a very sore, bruised feeling on the bottom of my left foot, in the heel actually, this just came up about 36 ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.