Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Urinating Problem
An_205640 posted:
I also have a problem in urinating because I am working in the office and I am alway being disturb during morning time. I keep going to the bathroom to urinate.I have no difficulty in urinating I urinate normally but often times every 5 minutes I go to the bathroom again. Is there a problem with my bladder?

HairyD responded:
Peeing this much could be harmful to your body. Have a urine test you are needing treatment . Keep us posted....

GuardSquealer responded:
Do you drink a lot of caffeine? I have the same problem. After spending a lot of time with a urologist it was narrowed down to caffeine. It is a diuretic and irritates the bladder.

An_205641 responded:
There are many reasons why you may be experiencing this. While too much caffeinated beverages can the cause, also be aware of what and how much you are drinking. Ensure that you are getting enough plain old water. Don't think that the sports drinks are going to do it for you. Milk is a great way to stay hydrated, I prefer soy milk. Ideally, you should discuss this with your doctor and get some basic testing done to rule out things like UTI, diabetes or other issues that can cause frequent urination. Be sensible about what you put into your body and if you know to listen, it will tell you things about what is wrong.

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
The other posts are quite good. The frequent urinating is often a sign of something else potentially serious that needs to be addressed- it could be diabetes (often starts off as frequent urinating), infection, a bladder stone, scar or stricture of the urethra, enlarged prostate, nerve problems such as MS and more. You need to go to a urologist for an evaluation, and soon, even if you get better.

Helpful Tips

Could it be a plantar's wart?
I'm a 62 year old male with a very sore, bruised feeling on the bottom of my left foot, in the heel actually, this just came up about 36 ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.