Ocasional Pains & Numbing in Right Wrist
KrosseStarwind posted:
Hello, I'm 19 years old. I've experienced pain and an occasional numbness in my right hand and wrist off an on over the past year or two. At first, I didn't really think much about it, but It's becoming a bit hard to ignore. I've been a 'gamer' since I was about 12. I've spent the majority of my time on my computer, or playing on consoles with controllers. I don't know if it's relevant or not, but I am overweight, about 310 lbs. as well as Bipolar, with ADHD, and social anxiety.

In middle school I had problems dealing with anger, and begun taking it out physically on objects (Such as lockers), by punching them as hard as I could. Smart? No. But it calmed me down.

I ended up being in an alternative school until I graduated. Granted, I'm not a dumb person, in actuality I'm quite intelligent. I graduated with my GED with Academic Honors. But the fact remains that there is a numerous amount of things that could be wrong with my hand and wrist, and the odd thing is that it's only my right hand and wrist. The same that I used to punch with, as well as the one I use on my controllers. I'm right handed.

It's gotten to the point where I struggle with it on a daily basis. It doesn't bloat or anything. As a matter of fact, externally it really doesn't show any signs of anything wrong, aside from a few possibly misaligned knuckles. But it becomes numb, to the point where I literally can't even feel it. I can still move it, but I can't feel if it's moving, or even if it's touching anything.

I want to solve this problem, and I don't really know what to do. Does anyone know what could be wrong, and if there are any at-home ways to treat it? (Such as a certain diet, or something)

gymrat44 responded:
You're 19 and are having problems with your the wrist of what appears to be your dominant hand. You have a long time ahead of you when you're going to be wanting to have that wrist functioning well for you to get the maximum enjoyment from life. I'm not a medical type but to me it sounds like you have a repetitive stress injury from gaming as well as trauma from having punched solid objects. I believe such problems would need to be treated by a doctor to get improvement and to keep from further problems developing.

One problem at at time: get some medical help for your wrist. Then you can tackle such things as your weight -- and that is something which you can handle at home with certain diets.

Take care of yourself, and good luck! Let us know how it goes.