Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ocasional Pains & Numbing in Right Wrist
KrosseStarwind posted:
Hello, I'm 19 years old. I've experienced pain and an occasional numbness in my right hand and wrist off an on over the past year or two. At first, I didn't really think much about it, but It's becoming a bit hard to ignore. I've been a 'gamer' since I was about 12. I've spent the majority of my time on my computer, or playing on consoles with controllers. I don't know if it's relevant or not, but I am overweight, about 310 lbs. as well as Bipolar, with ADHD, and social anxiety.

In middle school I had problems dealing with anger, and begun taking it out physically on objects (Such as lockers), by punching them as hard as I could. Smart? No. But it calmed me down.

I ended up being in an alternative school until I graduated. Granted, I'm not a dumb person, in actuality I'm quite intelligent. I graduated with my GED with Academic Honors. But the fact remains that there is a numerous amount of things that could be wrong with my hand and wrist, and the odd thing is that it's only my right hand and wrist. The same that I used to punch with, as well as the one I use on my controllers. I'm right handed.

It's gotten to the point where I struggle with it on a daily basis. It doesn't bloat or anything. As a matter of fact, externally it really doesn't show any signs of anything wrong, aside from a few possibly misaligned knuckles. But it becomes numb, to the point where I literally can't even feel it. I can still move it, but I can't feel if it's moving, or even if it's touching anything.

I want to solve this problem, and I don't really know what to do. Does anyone know what could be wrong, and if there are any at-home ways to treat it? (Such as a certain diet, or something)

gymrat44 responded:
You're 19 and are having problems with your the wrist of what appears to be your dominant hand. You have a long time ahead of you when you're going to be wanting to have that wrist functioning well for you to get the maximum enjoyment from life. I'm not a medical type but to me it sounds like you have a repetitive stress injury from gaming as well as trauma from having punched solid objects. I believe such problems would need to be treated by a doctor to get improvement and to keep from further problems developing.

One problem at at time: get some medical help for your wrist. Then you can tackle such things as your weight -- and that is something which you can handle at home with certain diets.

Take care of yourself, and good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Helpful Tips

Yoga and Aging
I'm a female who has found that yoga really helps prevents the aches and pains as I age. My body feels very young and I am 51! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 4 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.