Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Increasing Sperm count
Anon_168975 posted:
Hello - I am a 35 old male been dating the same person for the past 6 years. She is old than me by 8 years and we have been trying to conceive and we going through the vitro process and I will be providing Semen at the end of the month. So you know we had a miscarriage like 13 month ago. Even though I am younger than her and she was told that she has some challenges regarding Age wise, I am afraid of having a low sperm count. I need to some direction and guidance on how to increase my sperm count during the next 3 weeks. I am overweight by 40 LBS. Beside not getting in kind of sexual activity are there any kind of vitamins or dietary supplement for stuff like that.
Also, any kind hints during the process. Just being plain honest. I like to jerk at least once every night before I go to sleep as I cannot go to sleep. I work 16-17 hours a day , 6 days a week. I am a professional and own my own business on a side. I am aware that stress does not help but this is the nature of the beast. I have been using GNC for men but was wondering if any kind specific dietary will help the cause. And yes, I am going to hold myself from doing anything until D day.

Thank you all.

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Fluids- staying well hydrated is key. eating well with lots of colorful fresh fruits and vegetables. beef 3 times a week. not heat down there- not hot tubs, jacuzzis or hot saunas. you will be good. if your numbers are not good then see a male fertility expert and get your estrogen levels checked ( from extra gut fat) and maybe go on aromatase inhibitors to boost numbers. Do NOT go on any testosterone replacement as that can actually drop or zero out your sperm counts.

Anon_168975 replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
Thank you for your reply. I have provided a sample for insemination. They have found 33 million per ml which is according to the doctor is classified as good. 8 million ml were alive the next day.
All 3 eggs did get fertilized . However, the embryos did not take after they got implemented. So we are going to give it another try at the end of this month.

The only thing that I did is I did stop any sexual activities 5 days prior to my donation and kept take my Vitamines for men.

Take again for your all help.

Helpful Tips

Could it be a plantar's wart?
I'm a 62 year old male with a very sore, bruised feeling on the bottom of my left foot, in the heel actually, this just came up about 36 ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.