Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Pain in right shoulder blade
jsngclogan posted:
I have been having pain in my right shoulder blade for about 1 1/2 weeks now, also pain on my left side of my ribs right under my heart. I have lost about 5 lbs unexpectedly and this morning checked and I have a slight temp. Have also been feeling kind of nauseated lately.
What might be the cause? Can't go to the doctor cause I am in between jobs right now and insurance does not go into effect until 90 days after i start which is monday.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi jsngclogan,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing these symptoms, but only a medical professional's physical examination will determine what is going on with your health. Hopefully, you will be able to see a physician before 90 days, whether it be your regular doctor or a health clinic.

I wish you the best of health,
Amelia

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
hope you have gone to a doctor as this could be a sign of something serious and correctable that could become dangerous if ignored, such as a pneumonia.

3rdBruce replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
I had pain in right shoulder and was treated for arthritis for 2 years by 5 different doctors until I went to a surgeon and he found that I had a torn Bursor Cuff and until it was repaired I would be in pain and they could treat me for arthritis for the rest of my life but not relive the pain.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.