Skip to content
Breast Cancer in Men
An_240329 posted:
What kind of doctor should a man see for a lump in his breast?
HairyD responded:
You choose the doctor. I choose to get the opions of two surgeons that gave me a full exam. But a family doctor could exam the chest and refer you to a surgeon if required. Men do havve breast cancer. Keep us posted.
You are fastest Sperm from your father....Stay HEALTH.....
Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi An,

I agree with Hairy that you can see your family doctor, general practitioner or other medical professionals, as listed in this When to See a Doctor - Breast Cancer article. "You may see a general surgeon, a breast surgeon, or a radiologist if further evaluation of a breast problem is needed."

While breast cancer is possible for men, do know that, "Men can have tender breast enlargement, often with a lump beneath the nipple. Sometimes this is in one breast, but it often occurs in both. This benign condition is called gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can also occur after certain types of medicines are prescribed." Check out this article on Benign Breast Lumps for more information and please don't hesitate to make an appointment to see your medical professional.

Please keep us posted and we wish you the best!
Mikeabf replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Forget your family doctor. Go to a surgeon and get a biopsy right away! Both my family doctor and the head of a MRI unit blew off my lump as no problem. They had no way of knowing if the tumor was cancerous or not by just feeling my lump or doing an Ultrasound. I went to a surgeon who took a core sample and came back with a cancer diagnosis. If I wouldn't have gone in on my own, I may not have been here to type this. I was very lucky

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.