Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

How to tell if it's a UTI or something worse?
SarahWal posted:
I'm concerned about my boyfriend. He was bleeding from his urethra today and says he's been having to pee a lot lately but barely anything comes out. I looked up UTI's on WebMD and he says he feels some of the symptoms but not all of them.

Should I have him go in or will this clear up? Is it something worse? I know bleeding from the Urethra is not ok and I'm concerned but men never want to go in to the doctor's (more so when it has to do with that area)!
Eugenio311 responded:
From what you posted, most likely guesses are a UTI, kidney stone, or prostatitis. Blood in the urine should be checked out if it happens more than once or twice. Inability to urinate can be very serious from a couple of standpoints. Hope he's OK now, whether he got checked or not...
stretchyfernia responded:
Its probably close to UTI since my brother experienced the same symptoms as you did. Do consult your doctor to be safe.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.