Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How to tell if it's a UTI or something worse?
SarahWal posted:
I'm concerned about my boyfriend. He was bleeding from his urethra today and says he's been having to pee a lot lately but barely anything comes out. I looked up UTI's on WebMD and he says he feels some of the symptoms but not all of them.

Should I have him go in or will this clear up? Is it something worse? I know bleeding from the Urethra is not ok and I'm concerned but men never want to go in to the doctor's (more so when it has to do with that area)!

Eugenio311 responded:
From what you posted, most likely guesses are a UTI, kidney stone, or prostatitis. Blood in the urine should be checked out if it happens more than once or twice. Inability to urinate can be very serious from a couple of standpoints. Hope he's OK now, whether he got checked or not...

stretchyfernia responded:
Its probably close to UTI since my brother experienced the same symptoms as you did. Do consult your doctor to be safe.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.