Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
lumpy beads in semen
chicknman72 posted:
when I ejaculate, I feel a pinch at the tip of my penis and notice little yellow beads (like the color of a vitamin C gel capsules) in my semen......they are soft. What would be the cause of this? Is it something to worry about?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi chicknman,

According to our expert's previous response , "Semen does indeed change with age and also with diet, nutrition, level of hydration, frequency and intensity of ejaculation to name a few. It starts off thick and clumps up, then turns watery over time at body temperature."

If you are worried or experiencing pain, please don't hesitate to call your doctor.

Take care!
Amelia

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Clumps are normal for some men, at some times- often varies with many factors listed before. If it does not get better or if you develop burning, urgency or frequency or pain, then you should see a urologist.

chicknman72 replied to Sheldon Marks, MD's response:
do you think it may have to do with my meds? I am on Plavix and Simvastatin......

Sheldon Marks, MD replied to chicknman72's response:
Any medication can cause any side effect, but those two are not on my list for "clumpy semen." Semen is usually thick and clumpy for 20 to 30 minutes at body temperature to give the semen time to alter the normally hostile sperm killing vaginal pH and then the semen becomes watery, releasing the sperm into a now sperm happy, nutrient rich environment.

yssubramanyam responded:
thick semen will give little pinch at the moment of ejaculation. f it prolongs, consult doctor.

Helpful Tips

Could it be a plantar's wart?
I'm a 62 year old male with a very sore, bruised feeling on the bottom of my left foot, in the heel actually, this just came up about 36 ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.