Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
An_241406 posted:
my girl friend keeps getting a yeast infection after we have sex we are very faithful to each other i need to know if has any thing to do with the fact that i am diabetic , is our bodies not compatable please help very concerned
Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Anon,

I'm sorry to hear about your concern and hope that you will post your question in our Women's Health Community for an expert response towards your girlfriend's consistent infections.

Here is an Overview on Vaginal Problems that you both may want to go over and check her symptoms to consider the possible other causes for this concern. While diabetes can lead to too much yeast growing in the vagina as stated in this Vaginal Yeast Infection Risk Overview , I'm unsure if a partner's diabetes can have any affect on her body. Your girlfriend's best bet would be to see her gynecologist for examination when the symptoms are present and get a proper diagnosis as well as treatment. Check out this similar post for more insight and please feel free to repost your question in our Women's Health Community, as said before.

Wishing you both the best!
Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
Diabetic men are more susceptible to infections. If you have any concerns you should see your doctor and get checked out and treated.
Guthrie53 responded:
I'm diabetic now, but my doctor was suspicious that I would become diabetic when I started having an increase in the number of yeast infections. The yeast senses when our A1C level is up and grows to take advantage of that glucose increase.

Helpful Tips

Similar situation, if I may recommend Mayo Clinic – search on dercum’s disease
I can relate to your frustration! I too was in a car accident and afterward ended up with some lumps appearing on my lower back in the area ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.