Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
put on aspirin regimen? 22 years old
Anon_154442 posted:
forgot to ask my doctor why he put me on this. im not really worried about it.

im 22 with high cholesterol and im assuming its under control since im taking lipitor 20mg and im sure the result were fine back in july but he looked at them then told me to take baby aspirin.

should i be worried? im freaking out right now.

Guthrie53 responded:
It's easy to understand why you're freaking out, but with your medical history and a need to control your cholesterol levels to the point where an anticholesterol medication is needed, the Aspirin works with that medication to keep you from having a heart attack. The way aspirin is suppose to work is by not allowing the platelets in your blood to stick to one another. Generally speaking, if the veins and arteries in your body and in your heart might already have cholesterol sticking to it's inner walls, the last thing you need while participating in athletic activity is for thick clots of blood to be passing through space that has been narrowed further by cholesterol.
This is preventative, and he is just trying to maximize your prevention as much as possible.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.