Trying to conceive and ejaculation
An_241766 posted:
My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant for 9 months. Sometimes I have difficulty ejaculating during intercourse after foreplay. Anyone have recommendations on how to cure this? I masturbate 1-2 times a week and never have problems ejaculating during masturbation. I'm worried we won't be able to get pregnant. I had a semen analysis and the results were normal.

Eugenio311 responded:
My first recommendation would be to stop masturbating 1-2 times a week. When you're TTC, it's wasteful and may be depleting your supply.

As guys we are accustomed to being in total control of the rhythm, speed, and pressure that brings orgasm when we masturbate. During intercourse, not so much. If masturbation is more stimulating than intercourse for you in terms of getting to orgasm, you may need to re-train your penis (and your brain) to orgasm/ejaculate with less direct pressure, etc. In other words, with sensations more like actual intercourse. I think it's do-able, but requires breaking certain habits you've likely had for a long time.

Good luck!

spartyfanva replied to Eugenio311's response:
Okay, thanks for the advice. I think I'll put a moratorium on the masturbating and that should help.