Skip to content
Hemroids!!! will they ever go away???
franklinha posted:
this is a long one...
about 3 years ago, i started working an overnight job and i got into terrible eating habits (7-eleven was the only open food option) and i developed a hemroid at the ripe age of 28 LoL!
anyway 3 years later, the hemroid hasn't gone away... even though i have changed my diet (slightly) but honestly have to admit i haven't been consistent in taking care of it. got preperation h like a year and half ago and it didn't do anything. and ... because it's not visible or painful, i would forget about it.
NOW, i notice i've been eating a little more fiber drinking more water and taking stool softeners. this has been consistent for maybe two weeks... the hemroid size still feels the same, but i do notice it FEELS healthier. like it doesn't feel as dry as it did before so that's a good sign right?
so after ALL THAT, my question is this... say i get fiber pills, continue the stool softeners and jamba juices and water. how long would you say that the hemroid should go away... and when should i be worried if it doesn't go away?

and do you think sitz baths or a full on enema would do me any good and make it go away quicker??? ???

franklinha responded:
bump.

can SOMEBODY help me please!
it's been a week since i posted this...
i thought this is what this "community" was for???

Eugenio311 replied to franklinha's response:
All the things you're trying or thinking about trying may never make a hemorrhoid "go away."

If it continues to bother you after all this time, I'd consult a doctor. Sometimes a hemorrhoid can be banded to cut off the blood supply and it will fall off by itself in a short time. Sometimes it takes surgery.

Good that you made the diet changes (high fiber, high fluids, etc.).

Torcal responded:
I hate to be the one to break it to you but you need a colonoscopy in order to determine what's going on. A sitz bath is ideal for easing immediate pain but it doesn't make the thing go away. During a colonoscopy (done under a general anesthetic) the doctor can cut off hemorrhoids and also check your intestines for any other problems such as polyps.

Helpful Tips

Dizziness while urinating
I experience dizziness when ever i am lying down or when i have to go to the bathroom?can you tell me what the problem is? More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.