Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Strange rash on head of penis
An_242903 posted:
I have a strange rash on the head of my penis. I am uncircumsized and the rash doesn't itch, it doesn't burn. It doesn't really do anything but just sit there.
I have a long-time girlfriend, she has felt no ill-effects from this. I have switched body washes and tried going easier on it when I clean it. What's going on? It doesn't bother me much; it's simply an eyesore that I'd like to be rid of.
The rash looks like little red bumps and does not reach towards my urethra. It's not on the shaft either. Just on the head.

gymrat44 responded:
While my thought is in no way a professional opinion I wonder if you might be having some sort of dermatological problem or fungus. To find out and get it treated you would need to see a doctor to have an exam and evaluation. Doctors are good at giving things names and us things we can do to care for whatever it is.

Your penis certainly deserves care -- and it is depending on you to take care of it! Hope you have some treatment soon.

Good luck!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi An,

So sorry to hear of your concern and wanted to offer this helpful Male Genital Problems, Injuries, Infections, Rashes and More Overview as well as this Overview on Penis Disorders Guide . While I'm not a medical professional, it seems that your symptom may be due to a number of things and the best bet would be for you to visit your doctor.

Please don't take a chance and call your doctor tomorrow.

Wishing you the best!
Amelia

Helpful Tips

after 50
GIVE your other half $100 AND ASK FOR A PAIR Of SOX go and sit on the Lani and with a beer in hand or scotch in hand enjoy the hour (or ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.