Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Strange rash on head of penis
    An_242903 posted:
    I have a strange rash on the head of my penis. I am uncircumsized and the rash doesn't itch, it doesn't burn. It doesn't really do anything but just sit there.
    I have a long-time girlfriend, she has felt no ill-effects from this. I have switched body washes and tried going easier on it when I clean it. What's going on? It doesn't bother me much; it's simply an eyesore that I'd like to be rid of.
    The rash looks like little red bumps and does not reach towards my urethra. It's not on the shaft either. Just on the head.
    gymrat44 responded:
    While my thought is in no way a professional opinion I wonder if you might be having some sort of dermatological problem or fungus. To find out and get it treated you would need to see a doctor to have an exam and evaluation. Doctors are good at giving things names and us things we can do to care for whatever it is.

    Your penis certainly deserves care -- and it is depending on you to take care of it! Hope you have some treatment soon.

    Good luck!
    Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi An,

    So sorry to hear of your concern and wanted to offer this helpful Male Genital Problems, Injuries, Infections, Rashes and More Overview as well as this Overview on Penis Disorders Guide . While I'm not a medical professional, it seems that your symptom may be due to a number of things and the best bet would be for you to visit your doctor.

    Please don't take a chance and call your doctor tomorrow.

    Wishing you the best!
    seanhh responded:
    Buy a penis health creme my friend. Use it daily and you should see and feel a big improvement. These cremes are made for guys and are made to deal with issues such as dry, flaky, itchy skin and the red dots/ rash you described above. Just make sure you don't buy a creme with synthetic ingredients. Find one with Vitamin A, E, D and some shea butter and you will be golden.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.