dermatologist needed, skin condition above lip
jstar1687 posted:
okay ive had this leison in my lip for about 5 months now, which leads me to believe its NOT herpes. ive been to doctors 3 times and none of them have said anythign about cold sores/herpes. i am seeing a dermatologist in a few weeks and would like more feed back. if anyone has any idea what it is please help me out

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9048/img7440k.jpg

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi jstar,

I'm so glad that you are going to see a dermatologist. That sounds like your best bet to finding a diagnosis and hopefully treating the area.

Feel free to post your question in our Skin Problems & Treatments Community and/or our Skin & Beauty Community for other member and our expert dermatologists' feedback.

Best wishes!
Amelia

uandmeareenergy responded:
Hey Jstar, my lip has exactly the same kind of lesion- no cold sores but sometimes its a little painful and sometimes very itchy. I get little cuts almost invisible paper cuts in my lips, with red borderlines and these cuts sometimes go past the natural border of the lip. I recently went to my dermatologist and he told me its just some kind of dermatitis and I shouldn't worry about it. If I find anything out I will let you know.
Take care
Kind Regards.

jstar1687 replied to uandmeareenergy's response:
hi. i was diagnosed with actinic keratosis. pre cancerous cells from being out in the sun to much. which sucks cuz i am only 25 (i was 24 when i got it). now im left with a terribly scar above my lip, looks like a acne pitted scar but worse. and its always red. GR.