Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
dermatologist needed, skin condition above lip
jstar1687 posted:
okay ive had this leison in my lip for about 5 months now, which leads me to believe its NOT herpes. ive been to doctors 3 times and none of them have said anythign about cold sores/herpes. i am seeing a dermatologist in a few weeks and would like more feed back. if anyone has any idea what it is please help me out

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9048/img7440k.jpg

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi jstar,

I'm so glad that you are going to see a dermatologist. That sounds like your best bet to finding a diagnosis and hopefully treating the area.

Feel free to post your question in our Skin Problems & Treatments Community and/or our Skin & Beauty Community for other member and our expert dermatologists' feedback.

Best wishes!
Amelia

uandmeareenergy responded:
Hey Jstar, my lip has exactly the same kind of lesion- no cold sores but sometimes its a little painful and sometimes very itchy. I get little cuts almost invisible paper cuts in my lips, with red borderlines and these cuts sometimes go past the natural border of the lip. I recently went to my dermatologist and he told me its just some kind of dermatitis and I shouldn't worry about it. If I find anything out I will let you know.
Take care
Kind Regards.

jstar1687 replied to uandmeareenergy's response:
hi. i was diagnosed with actinic keratosis. pre cancerous cells from being out in the sun to much. which sucks cuz i am only 25 (i was 24 when i got it). now im left with a terribly scar above my lip, looks like a acne pitted scar but worse. and its always red. GR.

Helpful Tips

semen color
past few days i noticed my semen color change yellowish from white. is it any serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.