Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
APPENDECTOMY
An_243019 posted:
30 yr.old male had apendectomy 1 week ago. Dr said he didn't remove entire appendix due to so much inflammation. 4 days post op had nausea, no appetite, abd pain. cat scn w/ contrast didn't show anything. Now has fever 102.2.

Take the Poll

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF NOT HAVING ENTIRE APPENDIX REMOVED BECAUSE THERE WAS SO MUCH INFLAMMATION?
  • ONE
  • TWO
  • THREE
  • FOUR
  • FIVE
vote
View Poll Results

jlgetch responded:
He needs to visit the ER ASAP (immediately)! He may have developed a staph infection from the surgery.
And when (if) he does get better, he needs to contact the medical ethics board at the hospital, and/or contact a lawyer that specializes in medical malpractice cases.

sharonk1225 replied to jlgetch's response:
he did go to the ER at a different hospital. CT showed an abscess. unable to drain it in Radiology so had laparoscopy to drain it and clean up the cavity. Now has a drain in and will be in hospital for another 5-6 dys for IV antibiotics. All the physicians at this hopital say never heard of this happening before. We are hoping for the best outcome!

Helpful Tips

Testosterone Gel Warning!
My MD advised testosterone gel for low T. I began with Androgel, then moved to Axiron. I used the minimum prescribed amount, one pump under ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.