Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
horrible pain
mrscharp posted:
My husband is have horrible pain on the LEFT side about 2 intches above his waste line. When he puts any pressure on it. i.e walking or getting up. Touches the spot, its horrible shooting pain. Is it anything to be worried about? The pain just started about 2 hrs. ago when he got out of his car.

Eugenio311 responded:
Sounds a bit like herpes zoster (shingles). Very painful. Time is important in getting started on meds to limit the severity of the outbreak, like within 1 to 2 days of symptoms starting. Skin eruption may follow within a day or two.
Medication can only be gotten from a doctor.

Good luck.

dlwinterdiego responded:
I'd get him to a doctor right away. You can't speculate about something like this on the internet. It could be serious, it may not be. Regardless, it should be checked out by a competent physician.

mrscharp replied to dlwinterdiego's response:
He went to the ER that day. I took him to see his doc exactly a week later. The pain has gotten better since the ER but its not totaly gone, and still isn't hes still running a fever, and always so tired. Im waiting for the doc to call back to see what we have to do. The pain is supose to be all the way gone by now and its not. Im so worried about him

Helpful Tips

Yoga and Aging
I'm a female who has found that yoga really helps prevents the aches and pains as I age. My body feels very young and I am 51! More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.