Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cold night sweat
Gunnyl posted:
Why do i get cold night sweat. I"m 40 yrs old, 6 ft 195 lbs, i exercise three times a week.

dlwinterdiego responded:
I think it may be something to worry about. I had exactly the same problem for years. I didn't do anything about it because, frankly, I was afraid to discover the problem. I should say the sweats were consistent night after night.

After many years, during a routine blood test, I had very high AST and ALT levels. This lead to tests for HIV as well as HCV. As it turned out I had Hepatitis C. Nightly sweats can be symptoms of both HIV and HCV. Of course, they could easily be caused by something else. Go to a doctor and tell him/her your concern.

Eugenio311 responded:
Nobody could answer that without some blood tests. It could be something infectious or an endocrine (glandular) problem. It's a symptom of something which you probably need to have checked.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.