Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Semen in urine? Erectile dysfunction?
An_244453 posted:
Hi all, I've got some concerning symptoms that I haven't been able to understand or get rid of.

Firstly, my urine has an odd consistency. Normally it's ok but as I'm almost finished urinating, I notice what appears to be semen in my urine (that or something else, maybe calcium). This only occurs if I'm sitting down on the toilet.

I also have difficulty maintaining an erection and sometimes find it difficult to orgasm.

I also experience the symptoms described in this topic:
http://www.steadyhealth.com/Semen_With_Gel_Like_Substance_t56600.html
It seems that several others have faced the same issue, but I have yet to find a decent explanation.

So what could this be? Prostasis? ED? Too much of a particular vitamin or mineral? I'm 20, for christ's sake. Can someone please help me?

Anon_527 responded:
Since it is against the rules and impossible for any member or Expert to provide a diagnosis or any type of medical advice in any WebMD community, you will need to see your doctor for evaluation and treatment.

An_244453 replied to Anon_527's response:
That doesn't make sense, there's no reason it should be disallowed. Helping people is good, right? I seek an online solution if possible.

Anon_527 replied to An_244453's response:
Regardless whether this makes sense to you or not, the fact remains that rule is part of the Term Of Service you agreed to when joining the WebMD Communities.

IMHO, online solutions are not possible. All an online community can do is guess based on personal experience or general medical knowledge. An accurate diagnosis based on your specific symptoms can only be obtained from a personal visit to your doctor.

Sheldon Marks, MD responded:
that is most likely prostate fluid that can commonly come out when you are urinating after a bowel movement ( the movement compresses the prostate and forces the fluid into the urethra) or it can happen with squeezing of the pelvic muscles such as at completion of urinating. it is common and means nothing.

Semen consistency varies widely from person to person, day to day and can be influenced by diet, nutrition, frequency and intensity of ejaculation.

As far as ED and orgasm, those are two different things and can be influenced by many concerns, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, stress, fatigue, anxiety, depression, medications, alcohol, tobacco and pot to name a few.

Helpful Tips

sex talk
my bf and i can't have sex together. he can get an erection but he can't ejaculate. for long time i thought it was me but with on going ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.