Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Agony
USMC0369 posted:
So, I am a male in my mid 40's and much to my embarassment recently contracted an STD. (Clamidia to be exact) I was given antibiotics by my doc a few days ago. I have no discharge anymore yet I still have this agonizing feeling to urinate all the time. It is absolutely miserable. Seems to increase as my day goes on and I have been in the bathroom at least 10 times since 7:30 this morning. I have, in the past had a bout of prostititus and am having very similar symptoms as that right now. I was miserable then for a few months and just don't think I could go through that again. Could my STD have caused my prostate to act up once again?

Eugenio311 responded:
Chlamydial prostatitis is a possibility. If you've had a bacterial prostatitis before, you may know it can require a long course of antibiotics to clear it up, sometimes a couple of months or so.

If I were you, I'd go back to the doc and get tested/treated. Meanwhile protect yourself and your partner with condoms.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.