Skip to content
Agony
USMC0369 posted:
So, I am a male in my mid 40's and much to my embarassment recently contracted an STD. (Clamidia to be exact) I was given antibiotics by my doc a few days ago. I have no discharge anymore yet I still have this agonizing feeling to urinate all the time. It is absolutely miserable. Seems to increase as my day goes on and I have been in the bathroom at least 10 times since 7:30 this morning. I have, in the past had a bout of prostititus and am having very similar symptoms as that right now. I was miserable then for a few months and just don't think I could go through that again. Could my STD have caused my prostate to act up once again?

Eugenio311 responded:
Chlamydial prostatitis is a possibility. If you've had a bacterial prostatitis before, you may know it can require a long course of antibiotics to clear it up, sometimes a couple of months or so.

If I were you, I'd go back to the doc and get tested/treated. Meanwhile protect yourself and your partner with condoms.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.