Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
mens health
edditee posted:
im 20 years old i drink alot of fizzy pop I.e cola or pepsi and eat alot of junk food i.e pizza crisps biscuits sweets and i smoke 10 a day i play abit of foootball and sometimes jog, a while ago i had a cough for a week and a half after feeling ill then a few weeks after the cough went i started getting mild cramp like pains between my shoulder blades and sometimes shooting/stabbing/burning pains in my ribs and chest sometimes high up and sometimes lower down near my stomach im getting really paranoid coz ive never had these before can someone please give me an idea of what it is?? is it my diet? or is it my organs or what?? thanks

gymrat44 responded:
Get yourself checked out by the doc -- but yeah, that stuff you're eating isn't helping you much. Would you put crap like that into your car? I don't think so. Since you're 20 you have a lot of miles to go. Take care of yourself now to be sure that you'll have maximum enjoyment of the years down the road.

Willboywonder responded:
In addition to the other commenter, try giving up the soda and the junk food to see if there is a change to your health and the pain you experience. Do this for two weeks. Replace the soda with water, tea, and fruit juice. Replace the junk foods with fresh fruits and vegetables. If you experience a change and the pain goes away, you'll have your answer. But either way, you still ought to seek medical attention. Get a full scope physical examination, from head to toe. That's a good idea anyway, at any age.

Helpful Tips

male genital physical exams
Dear Doctors, I will lose the new job offer if I don't have their Dr.physical exam. I have avoided exams for over 8 years because I'm too ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.